Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh, how I love February

I absolutely love February. It's a great month to come into after the long and dreary January. It's shorter, we have Valentines day, my anniversary and there's also a holiday, presidents day. It's a good month! The days finally start to warm up a litte and the sun comes out more, and life doesn't seem so bad in February. Well here's a little update or review of what we've been up to these last few weeks.
My OCD son Logan likes order. Here's a picture of what I walked into the other day while he was "playing" cars. He does this quite a bit too and has ever since he was little. He rolls them around into their parking spots and everything goes into it's correct place.


Yes, we tried to potty train. But the kid just doesn't care that he poops his pants. I asked him after smelling his fragrance, "Porter did you poop?"
"YepIdid!" So we went to the store to find bribary toys, but still nothing. I'll just wait till summer and let him find out peeing on trees is more fun the peeing in your pants.

We get the fisher price catalog every couple of months and let me tell you. Toy magazines are the coolest. My kids can look at these forever. When they see the girl toys they both exclaim, "girl stuff? We hate girl stuff." Their favorite toys in there are the planet heroes and the "cars" toys.

Another one of my favorite February things is making sugar cookies. I love any holiday that I have an excuse to make these. My boys don't mind so much either.



My cute little man.


I love to make valentines as well. We bought the kids valentines this year because Logan has to take store bought ones to school, nothing homemade. So then of course Porter needed some too. Then Logan wanted the ninja turtle ones the Porter had and he no longer liked the spiderman ones that he had. But we figured it all out and they learned to "share" more like mom made them share, but oh well. Happy Valentines day on thursday.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I think it is awesome that you love February. And what cute valentines! I just spent the last hour making valentines for the young women in our ward. We are giving them a box of chocolates, a rose and a card and delivering it to their schools. I guess it helps that there are only 11 girls in our yw.

Natalie said...

Cute post! I'm feeling that excitement for spring with these sunny days. I love it. Cute cards... are you card maker? Have you heard about the shower for Ashley? We sent an invite to your mom "and girls."

Anna said...

I love that your child has as much OCD as mine! Funny how we can detect it at such an early age! And yes... peeing on trees is MUCH cooler than peeing in your pants! Good luck with that! Happy Valentines Day, Presidents Day, Anniversary, and Happy Shortest Month of the Year to you!!!