I started searching for some information on preschools through the elementary schools on monday. When I was talking to a lady she asked Logan how old he was and I said he'll be 5 in November, her response, "He'll be starting Kindergarten this fall then, our deadline is Dec. 1st." What the?? So I got all the information I could on his school and found out, not only is it just kindergarten, they're piloting all day kindergarten at that school. I must of seemed overwhelmed over the phone because I was told to just breathe. My baby boy is going to be going to kindergarten. I know we can hold him back, but he wants to go so bad. It will be cheaper than putting him in preschool, it's free compared to 130.00 a month for preschool. It will be okay right??
Our Summer Adventures
7 hours ago




6 comments:
December is the deadline? Weird! And weird that he's going to be in kindergarten!
whoa! that does seem like you missed a step...Oiy! good luck and I'm sure he will LOVE it and that will make up for any loss you may feel :)
I have taught at two schools with all day kindergarten programs, here in Oklahoma, I teach an all day 4 year old program as well. I think that the kindergarten all day programs are awesome, I think that the kids do great and they learn a lot. I know that it is hard, they try to get kids to grow up to fast. I would just make sure that you really check out the school district and the school, I would also try to call your ward and see if you can find some parents that you can ask about the kindergarten teachers at the school where he will go. I would say it can be an awesome year with a great teacher, or it might be a really long year with a teacher that you aren't thrilled with. Good luck with that!!!It is hard to believe!!!
P.S. I just teach music to the kindergarten kids and the 4 year old kids.
that's a hard decision! i thought an august deadline was pushing it. but, you're the mom and you'll do the best thing for him.
that will be weird, though, to have him be a year ahead of mac when there is only 2 1/2 months difference in age . . . funny.
wow, I think that's exciting! I can't wait to get Caden in school, but what a shocker that it's a whole year sooner than you expected. I'm sure he'll love it, and I can't imagine you won't either! Good luck!!
Post a Comment