Logan had his first day of school today. There couldn't have been a more excited, ready to go kid. We started the excitement last night. After talking with a friend and seeing other people have this idea I thought it would be fun for our family to have a shool year theme or motto. So our family theme this year is Patience, and no not the kind when you go to the doctor's office like dad. (That's Logan's definition when I asked him what patience meant.) We are going to work on having patience with ourselves and each other as we adjust to new things happening to us and our family throughout the year. A lot is going to be changing and we need to have patience to get through it together. Brandon gave the boys a father's blessing earlier in the day, he had to go to sleep for his grave yard shift. The boys loved having the blessing and it's one of those few moments where there's something spiritual going on and they actually sit still and listen. I made a special Salmon dinner for the boys, one of their favorites. We then picked out Logan's outfit and went to bed.

Logan is not known for his ability to wake up early so I was a little worried and knew we needed to have plenty of time for grogginess. He did fine this morning and got up and ate his favorite thing, Honey nut cheerios. I told him he could have anything for breakfast and that's what he chose. We got all dressed and ready and took pictures. When I was combing his hair he just had the biggest grin full of pure excitement, while I was fighting back tears.

Porter had a hard time seeing him go and was by his side all morning long. We walked him out to the bus stop right out our front door. Once on the bus Porter and I hopped in the car and met him over at the school.
4 comments:
I'm glad it went so well. You and Porter will have to plan some fun things to do together. Thanks for the update!
I'm glad YOU survived Kim...It sounds like Logan loved it. Camdyn is so jealous that he gets to ride the bus (come to think of it so am I!) We miss being able to ride the bus around here...enjoy the time with your other two:)
Glad he had a great first day of school- so exciting!
Is it all day kindergarten? 4:40...that is a long day! Porter is such a cutie! Ben is going to have Annie withdrawals too...he said today "I don't want Annie to go to preschool" Poor kid doesn't know what to do with himself when she is not around! I just love the pictures Kim!! Logan is such an amazing little boy!
Post a Comment