Monday, May 2, 2011

The reason I hold onto stuff...

One of the things that I love/hate about myself is my need to hold onto little momentos, like ticket stubs, cards, pictures my kids drew etc... We've been cleaning things out and I've been good, I've thrown away a lot of stuff that has cluttered my kids walls and everything in between. One of the things that I kept and almost threw away was a little book my boys made for their papa and grandma Bishop that said all the things they loved like favorite animal, toy, color, etc. And left a place for their grandparents to fill out, and they also wrote little notes in the back of it. Logan came across his book and was actually able to read it on his own this time. After a few minutes of looking at it he came up to me and said, "wow! Papa really is proud of me! I want to write him a letter." This is a big deal, Logan does not like to write, he loves to read, loves to draw but not write. So because of my need to hold onto these little momentos my son was able to read his papa's letter and read how proud he is of him. Some things are good to hold on to.

1 comment:

Holly said...

That is very sweet. I was at Papa's house when he received the letters from Logan and Porter. I am glad you kept that book. Good luck with the move.