Tuesday, March 25, 2008
"I know you can feel overwhelmed and underwhelmed but can you ever just feel whelmed?"
This is how I have felt these last few weeks trying to figure out everything we need for our big move. We need to de-junk, figure out if we are going to sale our cars and get a van. (We almost had our kia sold last night then it fell through, long story). I would like to be finished with all of my unfinished projects before we go. As I look at the calendar trying to figure it all out, there's just not enough time to do everything I want to do and need to do. So I'm "whelmed", (The title is a quote from 10 things I hate about you, if you didn't know). Logan asked my brother Skyler if he would watch him while the rest of us move to Detroit. He does not want to go. He said he would move back to Iowa though. Then there's the big question of where in the world do we live when we move to Detroit. Brandon and I are going to look for places hopefully in a few weeks. But we've never really had to look for a place to live that we were renting and it's a little stressful. I don't like thinking I'm throwing money down the drain in rent, but we don't want to be stuck with a house in Detroit either. So many things to figure out. Sorry this is just me rambling, you can ignore this blog if you would like. But if you are "whelmed" as I am, let's talk it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Good luck with everything... I'd be "whelmed" too!
ah! i'm sorry about all that you have to figure out right now. let me help if i can!
p.s. i'll miss you :(
I know you have lots of family around, but still - use me! If you just need a break you guys can come over and play or I can watch your kids while you get things done or you can put me to work helping you pack and dejunk. Seriously call me if you need anything (eight eight five-two five five four (I feel kind of dumb typing my phone number out like that but I don't want it for anyone on the internet to see)).
hey, we've got an extra room that we'd let you guys stay in -- we're always up for good company!
yikes!!! I am so sorry that you have to do all of that! We moved about 5 miles away from our house and I thought I was going to go crazy! You guys are so brave! If you need ANY help.... please let me know! We would love to take your boys for the day!
Good luck with everything! The whole housing situation is stressful! We just bought a house in Tucson and I'm a little nervous, but hopefully it will work out. Let us know how your trip goes and what you find!
Post a Comment