Saturday, May 17, 2008

The zoo, 2 graduation celebrations and a surprise!

We've had a busy few days this week. On thursday, we went up to Salt Lake so that Brandon could go golfing with Andrew, and Becky and I took the kids to the zoo. The boys were very concerned about carrying their maps with them and finding the best route to where we needed to go.

Don't they look like they're concentrating so hard? Next stop the train station!
We let the boys ride in their own seat on the train ride. They thought that was so much fun!
Then today Logan had his preschool graduation. He was so excited he kept waving and giving thumbs up to us. I love watching him in this environment. He makes me laugh. I'm so proud of him!

This is Logan with his teacher, "Mrs. Jackie", I have loved Logan going there. If I could I would pack her up and take her to Michigan with us. Preschool has been such a good experience for us this year.
Then tonight we got together with some friends and family to celebrate Brandon's graduation next week. It was a lot of fun, visiting, playing kick ball, throwing water balloons at Uncle Jeffany, and just being able to see everyone one last time, or for a year at least.
It's going to be really hard to leave Utah. We've loved being around family again and being able to be there for the little things that you miss when you live far away. We're also going to miss our friends that we made in Iowa. No longer students, we'll have to hit the real world. No more month's off at a time or summer breaks, we'll miss being able to get together with them.

Surprise! Yes we're having our third baby come January 2009. These shirts are how we told our family on mother's day. We were going to just tell family for awhile, I'm only 6 weeks. But Brandon can't keep his mouth shut, he's just so excited. So I thought I would be the first to say or at least confirm if you've already heard. We are very excited for this, it kind of caught us off guard though, but sometimes the best things in life are those things we aren't expecting right? We're off to Des Moines on tuesday for the graduation celebrations. Brandon will actually graduate on Saturday May 24th. Then sunday we'll caravan up to Michigan. Brandon's parents are coming out to help us move and we are very grateful for the help.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations on the surprise, how exciting for you. Your life is always full of surprises, moving, and adventures. I can't wait to hear what you are having!!! That is awesome.

Good luck preparing to move and everything else, that is awesome for you guys.

Tiffany said...

Congrats! I was really confused when Tim said that you were pregnant. I checked your blog and there was nothing. He said that Wally hinted you were on the bishop family website and I looked and sure enough! So I'm glad to have received confirmation. And again, congratulations and good luck with the move!

Jami & Boys said...

well, we are so excited to have some family closer than a days drive away! we can't wait for you to move closer!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time!! And congrats on your upcoming baby, that's exciting! We can't wait to see you all this weekend!

I finished the Goose Girl and I also read the sequel Enna Burning. I thought they were okay, but I didn't like them enough to read the next book River Secrets. Let me know how you like the Star Garden, and let me know if there are any other book you recomend.

Dan & Ashley said...

Congrats on baby number 3! How exciting! Good luck with the move and everything--hope all goes well!

Spence said...

and Evans first coming soon too great for the cousins... AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME!

Anonymous said...

yeah for us!!! i already miss you! good luck getting there. love you

Jamie said...

How fun to have a third little one on the way!
Will you guys be taking I-80 when you head East? Again, our house is small, but you are ALWAYS welcome!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! The shirts are cute. We were going to have Hannah wear a shirt saying "big sister" but I never got it made. Hope you are feeling well. Good luck with EVERYTHING!

jennie said...

Congrats, Bishops! Love the shirts. And congratulations on graduation. Unbelievable how time flies. Have a blast getting set up in MI!

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Holy Cow!!! Congrats on the new baby! that is cool that you found our blog. We are living in Idaho Falls. A little closer to home. Good luck in Michigan, I think Rachel Sedrick will be there also for a year. The house you found is really cute, and who doesn't want to pee in a blue toilet, just makes a good experience even better!
Keep in touch.