This week has been an interesting one. I'm struggling with whether or not I should even blog about it. But since it's been weighing on my mind I'm going to and I may delete it later on.
As some of you may know when we had our first ultrasound there were some things that didn't "look good." I say that term because at the time what didn't look good now would look great for some. I was devastated at this news. It was the unknown of if we would have a down syndrome baby or not, and it killed me. I mention this because to me that was terrible to deal with, but like most situations it can always get worse. So here goes.
There are 5 of us on the Bishop side of the family, (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone) who are all due within about 2 months of each other. Brandon's cousin Tim and Tiffany have 2 adorable little boys around the same ages as our boys and are expecting their 3rd in February. They had their ultrasound on Monday,and I new they were going to have a girl like us, following the "Bishop" pattern for kids. They had their ultra sound and sure enough it was a sweet baby girl. Unfortunately, it also revealed that this sweet baby's life will be short lived. She has anencephaly, and for some reason her brain and skull did not develop. Although the rest of her body is growing they only have hope to be with her for a few hours or days. They have been so good to blog about this event in their life, (If you want to read about it they have started a blog dedicated to tracking this part of their lives. It's on my side bar Pray for a Miracle). Every time I read, I bawl. It probably has to do with pregnancy but also I'm an emotional person. It's a lot of confused feelings that I feel. I feel guilty for having a healthy baby, and at the exact same time I feel blessed for having a healthy baby. So what do you say for comfort to someone in a moment like this. I pray for them, and they are amazingly strong people. It just brings the question to mind why do tragedies happen to good people. It's those moment's where you want to sit down with Heavenly Father and say, "Okay what am I suppose to learn from this? Tell me now, so I learn and move forward, and never go through this again."
So in the mix of all of this chaos going on, Tim and Tiffany are seeing the good in it. I admire them for their strength, their faith, and their courage. They are shining examples of what I want to be like when dealing with tough challenges. They are the best parents, and I have loved getting to know them and their family better through this blogging world. I don't really know if I have a point to make here. It's just those moment's when you see other's struggle and you realize that events in your life are not as bad as they could be. So if you would like to keep Tiffany and Tim and their family in your thoughts and prayers, I'm sure it would go a long way.
Our Summer Adventures
8 hours ago




7 comments:
thanks for writing this kim. i feel lots of the same things.
Kim,
I don't even know your cousin and my heart is heavy for them. I cannot even begin to imagine what pain and trials they are going through and will still await them. All I can say is through personal experiences in my life, is the only true peace that we can get in this life is through the Atonment of our Savior, Jesus Christ, by way of the Spirit. If you remember when Dan and Emily where going through their whole ordeal with little Luke I was pregnant with Hazel. I had some of those same feelings that you are having now. I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel guilty and blessed at the same time. I think those feelings you are having are a Christ like empathy for someone else. It is because of expeinces in life we can relate to someone elses feelings and circumstances. That is how the Lord blesses us through others. I'm glad that I read your post it makes me count my blessings and look to others for their amazing example of faith.
Love ya,
Becky
Thank you for your kind words Kim. I know Lecia has many of the same feelings you expressed. I don't know what to say - we take joy in your guys' pregnancies and, despite our news, we still take joy in our own pregnancy. We love you guys and thank you so much for your prayers and support.
Kim, my heart goes out to your cousin! I really am horrible at knowing what to say to someone who needs comfort! I just want to sit there and cry with them instead of saying anything at all! I read what Becky wrote and I had the same feelings that she did when all this happened with Dan and Emily. I just can't imagine...I admire the strength that your cousins have! I loved the talks in conference today. Especially Elder Perry, when he said we cannot predict all the trails and struggles in life but as Latter-day saints we know that the best is yet to come...Love you Kim!
Kim,
I also feel for your cousin, that is my greatest fear every check up and every ultrasound that they are going to give me some kind of news like that. I always tell John that I wouldn't be strong enough if I heard that, I have a hard enough time dealing with my own situations and with life in general. There are some amazing couples that always seem to keep the faith and I admire them. I have my first ultrasound next week, so we will see how things are going. I work over at the YMCA childwatch and one of the babies that we have been taking care of passed away the other day of SIDS, I have been feeling so sad for the mom, the baby was only 4 months. I really wish that she had the gospel in her life, but we are so blessed with that knowledge and it can help us with trials.
I will keep your cousin in my prayers.
Kim,
I am so sad for your cousin. When I was prego we had a scare too, and I was devastated. After lots of crying, I came to grips that the Lord wouldn't give me anything that I couldn't handle. A friend of mine told me that the Lord will send little spirits to earth, but they are just too perfect to stay. Maybe your cousin has that special spirit. It certainly doesn't make it easier though. I have delivered patients whose babies have this condition, and they fall in love with it as they did with any other child. Offering your support, love, and friendship will mean a lot to them. Thanks for the post! I will keep your cousin in my prayers, and you too.
Love Ya!
thank you for sharing. we really are so blessed and your cousin, is too... in a very different way. They will be in our prayers!
Post a Comment