So tonight was our second night of soccer and I don't know if I'm still loving it. So here's how tonight went. Porter did his same routine mostly just learned how to kick the ball, shoot the ball and stop the ball. Then we went to Logan's field and they have combined our team from last week with another team, not a big deal or so I thought. There's now a new "head" coach and he's one of those crazy soccer dad's who's yelling, "get your head in the game, Where's your head? We need more effort." Most of these kids are playing for the first time, hell-o they're only 4 and 5. So they practice before the game and the coach tells them they're going to play shark and mino's, first mistake. If you tell my son (Logan) he's a shark he's going to act like a shark. So he's running around the field knashing his teeth and trying to grab people, like a mean shark would do. So they proceed to play this game for most of practice. Then they shoot some goals and Logan's standing in the back looking around at the sky, spotting planes. Looking at the grass, spotting weeds. Completely not paying any attention and the coach at this point I feel only wants to pay attention to the kids who can make a goal, and has quit encouraging everyone to play. Now Logan was not the only kid who was not paying attention but since I'm his mom it's more frustrating. The game pretty much went the same as practice except more yelling by the coach and Logan ended up on another field lost and confused. He said he had fun so I guess we'll keep going. Maybe I'll have to become one of "those"mom's whose up in the coaches face yelling back, ha, ha, ha. Can't you just see it. Hopefully next week will be better.
Our Summer Adventures
8 hours ago




4 comments:
I can just see Logan turning into a "shark" and chasing people around the field like he's going to eat them! Hilarious, sorry the coach is such a pain, he needs to realize that the kids are just learning...
We were at the park the other day and there was a soccer game going on behind us. I kept watching every now and then and one team was CRUSHING the other team. They were probably 6 and 7 year olds. I just wanted to go tell the coach of the team that was winning to BACK OFF! Switch your players up or something, the kids on the losing team were in tears they were getting beat so bad. I wish more people understood that at this age it's not about winning.
Some parents get WAY too into it- - when their kids are still little! I remember a dad getting REALLY frustrated with his small son at a pee wee track meet- during the soft ball throw. He was getting really angry that his son wasn't "listening" to his instructions on how to throw the ball and finally yanked him off, scolding him. I felt so bad for the kid. It is hard for some men (and women) to let go of the competitiveness when it comes to their kids! Hopefully it will get better for your son's team- at least they are having fun! Sigh- I miss the YMCA.
Porter looks so cute!! I can't believe he is three..that is so crazy!! Well I hope soccer gets better! Why did they change the coach? At least Logan is having fun! right?
Post a Comment